Sunday, July 5, 2015

Therapy session #4--Spunky's diagnosis

Guten Tag vonce again, my friends.  It is I, Professor Dogmund Freud, Dogtor of Psychology und therapist und friend to troubled dogs everyvair. 




I must confess...today I am a bit discouraged.  If you remember, venn I last appeared on zis blog, I reported zat my famous client had made progress battling his addiction to a certain type of dog snack.

Unfortunately, he appears to have had a relapse und has not been able to repeat his success since zen.  Sigh.  A terrible thingk, ja?...I guess vee vill just have to keep verking...

But I digress.  I zank you for joiningk us.  Today is a very important day for our client, Mr. Spunky Bones Dog.  Because today, after sefferal months of verking vith him, I vill reveal vat I belief to be his diagnozis. 

Again, as you may recall, he has graciously agreed to allow recordingk of his zessions.  Hello again, Spunky.

"Hi, Doc.  So...did you figure out why I'm having my weird dream?"


Ja, I belief so.  I zuspect you may haf a variant of Small Dog Syndrome.

"Really?" Spunky gasped.  "But I don't act like a diva.  --Do I?"


Nein, nein.  As I said, zis is a variant of the disorder.  You are right--ordinarily, Small Dog Syndrome occurs when humans use too little dizipline with zair small dogs.

However, I do not think zat iz your problem.  Your issue iz zee fact that you conzentrate too much on zee limitations of your size, und not enough on the advantages.  

"Really?  I don't think so..."

Vell, let's examine zat for just a moment.  Vill you try zumthingk for me?  Tell me vat you dislike about being your size.

"That's easy.  I can't reach the dog biscuits on the highest shelf.  I'm not strong enough to open most doors by myself.  It's hard to find clothes that fit.  And then it's easy for people to make fun of me..."

Mmm-hmm.  Now, let's svitch tactics.  Tell me some GOOD thingks about beingk your size. 

".....................................................................Um.  I can't think of anything, Doc."


Mmm.  I have some ideas on this topic, but perhaps vee should first appeal to our blog friends for help.  

How about it, meine Freunde?  Can you thingk of some advantages smaller dogs haf over larger dogs?... 


8 comments:

  1. Well... let's see... when the dog treat jar is quite deep, I would think Spunky could crawl right down into it and get at the dog treats, whereas bigger dogs would be unable to do that.

    Smaller dogs also fit better into human pouches/backpacks (just go ask Little Fox/Hammie/Beanie), thus making it more likely that they will have grand adventures outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very good points. Portability...and the ability to squeeze into small, food-filled spaces...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup... and if you lose something under the couch, I would think Spunky is svelt enough to fit under there and retrieve it... for a fee of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small dogs always are better at finding things close to the ground. For example contacts, needles, and other things close to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also true--that could come in handy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small stuffies can also travel in carry-on luggage while larger stuffies need to travel in checked luggage...

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can pass for a bear cub or a puppy and eat for free at restaurants

    ReplyDelete