Monday, July 20, 2015

The guest arrives!

DING DONG!

"Hey, was that the doorbell?" Spunky asked.

It was indeed.  I'll get it...

Oo, oo!  It just occurred to me that this might be the visitor I was telling you about a few weeks ago 

I hurried downstairs to the foyer and peeked through the window to check who was standing on the front doorstep...   

Yes!  It's him!

I opened the door and saw...


"Droopy, me lad!" the stranger exclaimed.  "You're looking very well."

Grandpa!  You made it!  So cool to see you.  

"And you, laddie!  Eh, what a fetching hat you're wearing."
 
Thanks!  Come in, come in.  Hey, Patch, Spunky!  Come over here.  There's somebody I want you to meet.


Grandpa, these are my friends, Patch and Spunky.  Guys, I'd like you to meet my Grandpa Angus.

"Angus Dougal McStuffie," Grandpa added.  "Pleased to make your acquaintance."


"Nice to meet you!" Spunky said. 
 
"Did you just fly in today, sir?" Patch asked politely.

"Eh, yes I did, laddie.  And boy, are my arms tired!"

Hahahahahahaha!!  Grandpa, you crack me up!  Hahahahahaha!!

 Spunky turned to Patch and said, "I think I understand now where Droopy gets his sense of humor."

"You and me both," Patch replied.

It's so cool to have Grandpa around for a visit.  I wonder how long he plans to stay?

Have you seen your relatives lately?
 

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see Grandpa Angus' nose has been sewn back on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I hear plastic surgery is quite expensive nowadays.

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking about when your special guest was arriving today then I checked the blog. Foxes must have good timing.

    Anyway, glad Mr. McStuffie made it safely to your house Droopy. Is he going to treat everyone to ice cream and a trip to the dog park? Seems that Mr. McStuffie is Irish, does he live in Ireland or somewhere else. I would love to learn his history and again I must compliment you three on how clean your house looks after you prepared for your visitor weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good timing indeed, LF. Don't worry, I think Grandpa will have a chance to tell us some stories of his puppyhood.

      Delete
  3. Angus looks beary old and regal. But is he Irish or Scottish? Angus sounds like a bonnie name for a wee pup like 'im!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye, Grandpa Angus was carried about quite a bit by my human when she was just a wee little ''un. Hence the bald spots.

    I believe he has a bit of both Irish Setter and Scottish Terrier in him...will have to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you stocking up on the Scottish and Irish food for your Grandfather?
      I hear Porridge is popular in Scotland and that Soda Bread is popular in Ireland.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...those dishes sound suspiciously meatless. However, I am willing to try them, if Grandpa insists...

      Delete
    3. Don't forget haggis!! Or maybe some steak 'n kidney pie?

      Delete