Sunday, April 5, 2015

An Easter package

Hey, what's up, dogs?  Today is Easter Sunday I woke up to a surprise--a mysterious package in the middle of the living room.




It appears to be a basket.  That makes sense--it's Easter, after all.




I whistled for my friends.  


"Hey, guys!" I called.  "Come and take a look at this."

Patch and Spunky arrived shortly afterward, and the three of us observed the basket for a few minutes.

 "Um...did you see that?" Patch asked nervously.

"See what?" Spunky replied.

"I thought I saw it move," Patch said, even more nervously.



Spunky and I both agreed that we needed to check out the contents of the package.  Our human's safety might be at stake.  

Patch didn't like the idea much, but he eventually agreed to join us.  Which was good, because we needed him...as you can see below.

It was a delicate operation.  Spunky balanced himself precariously on top and peered into the package.


"What do you see, Spunk?" I called. 

"Um...I see pink fluff," he responded.


Huh?  Pink fluff??

At that moment...

"Hi there!" a voice said cheerfully.  



Spunky and I were so surprised that we lost our balance and fell. 



"Oh, no!" wailed the bunny.  "I'm sorry!  Please don't give me a bad evaluation!"

"Who are you?" Patch asked.

"Oh, I totally forgot!" said the bunny.  "Happy Easter.  My name is Carrots and I'm a E.B.I.T."

"An E.B.I.T.?" I asked, perplexed.

"Easter-Bunny-in-Training," Carrots answered promptly.  "Here's my card."


An Easter-Bunny-in-Training?  We'd never heard of that before.
 
Carrots explained, "Well, you see, every bunny that wants to work as an Easter Bunny must go through a rigorous training program.  It takes a very long time and it's very hard.  But when we're done, we get to write two little letters after our name--E.B., for Easter Bunny.  It's a tremendous honor!

"As part of our training, we do home visits.  That is, we're assigned to homes around the country for a period of time, where we practice spreading love, giving hugs, and hiding Easter eggs.   

"This is my first home visit and I'm very excited!  But you're going to have to write me an evaluation, so I hope I didn't blow it already."



"No problem," Spunky said.  "Nobody was hurt.  We were just surprised, that's all."  

I said, "And if you want to learn how to spread love, you can start by helping us wish our blog friends a very HOPPY EASTER!"

Hope everyone has a great holiday!  Till next time...




7 comments:

  1. Ummm... before you write an evaluation - you might want to see if the E.B.I.T. brought you any treats! Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard getting an EB designation is beary hard. Good luck with your training Carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if poor Carrots realizes it yet...but he has probably drawn the most difficult assignment an E.B.I.T. can get. I mean, delivering Easter treats to a household of dogs who can't eat chocolate?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is beary true - chocolate is beary bad for dogs. Did Carrots get a pre-mission briefing from his supervisor?? Maybe it's not Carrots' fault...

      By the way - I think little bears and dogs would make great travel companions... we could eat all those chocolates that get left on hotel pillows and you guys could have all of the bacon!

      Delete
    2. ...What hotel chains do you know of that leave bacon on the pillows??? I would book a room right away!

      Delete
    3. That is true Droopy, but if he can do this assignment then he can probably do anything

      Delete