Monday, August 17, 2015

Poker night, continued!



Hey, what's up, dogs?  We're back at our poker game and ready for the flop.  Come on, Carrots...give us something good.
Aha.  A 4, a 3, and a king.  Very interesting.  Very interesting indeed.

"Your play, Droop," Carrots prompted.

Mmm-hmm.  I'm going to bet 2 bones.
 

"Bold move, laddie," Grandpa muttered.  "But I'll call your bet."  

He added two bones to the pot.

Hmmm.  Grandpa may have strong cards.  Or maybe he's just bluffing...hard to tell. 

"Too rich for my blood," Patch said immediately.  "I'm out." 

"I'll call," Spunky said.


"Okay, all bets placed.  Here comes the next card!" Carrots exclaimed.


"Droopy?  Droopy!"  Spunky said.  "It's your turn."

Huh?  Oh, sorry.  I was distracted by the huge pile of bones in front of my nose.  I'm just going to check for now.

Grandpa and Spunky checked as well.  No further bones added to the pot.  Too bad....

"Last card!" Carrots said.
It's an ace.  I check.  Grandpa, you're next.  

Uh...Grandpa?  Why are you pushing all your bones into the pot?

"I'm all in!" Grandpa replied.

Spunky's eyes bugged out.  He squeaked,  "I fold!"

"Wow, this is exciting!" Carrots said.  

"Droopy?  What are you going to do?" Patch asked anxiously.

Wow.  Hmm.  Grandpa could have a very strong hand of cards.  But again, he could be bluffing.  What are you up to, Grandpa?...

Look at that poker face.  I'm not getting anything from his expression at all. 
Man.  This is a tough decision.  If I call his bet and he wins, I'll lose all my bones.  But if I win...I'll get all the bones in the pot.

"Droopy?" 

...Fortune favors the bold!  I call.

"Okay, gentlemen, show your cards!" Carrots said.

Oh nooooooooo!  I have three kings, but Grandpa has three aces!  He wins.

Grandpa chuckled, "Better luck next time, laddie."

Sigh.  Well, I guess that's all the poker I'm playing tonight.  Hope you enjoyed the action!  See you next time...  


 

2 comments:

  1. Apparently Kenny Rogers was correct when he sang "You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them...."

    Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... I was on the edge of the keyboard watching the play unfold! I think you guys could do a poker channel on the Stuffies Network!

    ReplyDelete