Saturday, December 20, 2014

Spunky's Christmas stocking accident


 What’s up, dogs?  


Today one of my friends had a close call.  Since it’s getting close to Christmas, our human very thoughtfully bought us each a stocking to hang by the chimney for Santa Claus.



Here I am with mine…


And here's Patch with his...


And last but not least, here's Spunky and his stocking.




I guess Spunky wanted to see how many goodies could fit in his stocking on the big day. 





Unfortunately...he got stuck.







  I happened to walk by about this time and found him like this.


"Spunky, are you okay?"  I asked.

"Um...help?" he replied.




We pushed and pulled and pulled and pushed...






...until we were tired out.  But Spunky was still stuck.




It was time to call for reinforcements.








Whew!  That was a close one. I'm happy to report that Spunky is doing fine, although he's been avoiding his stocking since the incident.  Glad we were around to sort things out.  After all, everybody needs a little help now and then.


Spunky:  "Hey!  I heard that!"


Heh heh...

Have you hung your stocking yet?  What do you want for Christmas? 


4 comments:

  1. Whew I am glad Spunky got out safely. It's true we all need a little help now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank goodness there was no permanent damage!

      Delete
  2. It's a good thing that stocking wasn't a plastic bag or it might not have had such a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Maybe there should be a safety warning on those stockings?...

      Delete