Sunday, May 20, 2018

Field trip--MINEFAIRE

Hey, what's up, dogs?  Good to see you!  Sorry about the slowdown in updates recently.  My human claims to have been busy.  Tsk...this won't reflect well on her yearly evaluation.  Thumbs down!  (Er...if I had opposable thumbs, that is.)

But anyway...today's post is about something completely different from anything I've done before.  This weekend, my human took me to MINEFAIRE, which is a convention for the popular video game Minecraft.  If you don't know what a convention is, it's a very strange human custom where people gather in huge numbers to celebrate their common interest in a subject.


Anyway, here we go...Uh-oh.  This is not a good start! Please tell me you bought the tickets in advance...

You did?  OK, whew.  That was close! Here we go...

Wow, look at all these people gathered at the main stage!  The music was so loud my human could feel it thumping in her chest.  Crazy humans...
Naturally, there were a lot of kids around.  Some of them were adding to a Minecraft-themed Lego display...
...some were getting their faces painted like Minecraft characters...

...and still others were helping to assemble the "world's largest Lego puzzle"!  Wow, that's going to be something to see when it's done.


And of course, there was merchandise.  Some of it came in colorful cardboard boxes, like the ones below.

(Um, do they have a permit to keep all this ordnance here?  I hope they have the bomb squad on speed dial.  I think I'm going to keep my distance, just in case...) 

Wait!  Over there!  Look!  I see fellow stuffies! 

There were just TONS of them waiting to go home with some lucky human...
I made a new friend!  I named him Trigger the Minecraft horse.  Hey, do you mind if I take your picture for my blog?

"Neigh!"

I guess that means "Nay," or "no" in standard English.  Sweet!  Smile for the camera...


I made another new friend--a fellow canine this time.  This is Rufus.  Hey, how's it been, waiting around for a human to adopt you?

"Ruff!"
I know, it can be tough.  Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a good home soon.  Stay positive! 

Well, that's all for now, folks.  I hope you enjoyed my first-ever video game convention.  It's got me thinking...maybe I should find some other bacon enthusiasts and create a Bacon-themed convention.  What do you think?..

Until next time!
 

8 comments:

  1. How come your human did not adopt those stuffies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It was quite fun. Although somewhat lacking in the snacks category.

      Delete
    2. With all of those stuffies there you would expect more snacks. Oh well, glad you got a chance to explore this "convention" thing humans do.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tour Droopy! Although, I have to say... those stuffies look a little pixelated... did they just step out of the video game? Like in Tron? Hmmm... I didn't actually say that... no I did not... My human said that... she is sooo last century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they do look pixelated! And don't worry, my human knows about Tron :)

      Delete