Monday, February 5, 2018

Wrapping up Europe...Dresden and Berlin

Hey, what's up, dogs?  Today I'm finishing up the series of posts about my trip to Europe.  We ended the vacation by visiting two famous towns in Germany.  

First was Dresden, where we saw the beautiful gardens of Dresden Palace...
 
 
On the outer wall of Dresden Palace, there's a mural called the Fuerstenzug, or the Procession of Princes.  It depicts 35 of the noblemen, dukes, and kings who ruled Saxony.

There are approximately 23,000 porcelain tiles in the mural, making it the largest piece of porcelain tile artwork in the world.  That's a lot of tiles!
 
After that, we headed to Berlin, where we saw the remnants of the historic Berlin Wall.  It separated East and West Berlin for almost 30 years, until it was opened in 1989...

Here's a photo of the famous "Checkpoint Charlie," which was the best-known crossing point between East and West Berlin:

It turns out (and my bear friends will be happy to know this) that Berlin's mascot is the bear!  We saw bears almost everywhere we went in Berlin... 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Maybe the city should be renamed "Bearlin" instead of "Berlin"?...

Anyway, thanks for coming along with me on my international trip!  I'll have to come up with some fresh new material for the blog.  Hmmm....wonder what I should do next?...

8 comments:

  1. Great photos! I'll have to check out Bearlin someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing trip. I have to say your human got "Sekrebeary of the year" award for that trip. Hope you had fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my secretary did well. Can't let her know that, though...humans can get complacent very quickly...

      Delete
  3. So many bears! That must be a sign of a great city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, loved your trip! Yes, Bearlin is a great city -very bear friendly. You're right about humans getting complacent though... give 'em and inch and they'll steal a mile!

    ReplyDelete