Monday, April 11, 2016

Midnight. The pier.

H-hey, e-everybody...this is Patch.  Uh, just to recap...Last episode, Droopy mysteriously disappeared.  His boonie hat was left behind, which was the first sign that something was wrong...



And then we found a ransom note.  
It's now midnight.  Spunky, Grandpa, and I are at the fishing pier, and we've brought the ransom, just as the dognapper demanded:  100 bottles of honey. 
Oh man...I don't like this.  It's dark and creepy.

Thank goodness you brought the flashlight, Grandpa.  And thank goodness I'm not here all by myself.   


"So...what do we do now?" Spunky asked.


"All we can do is wait," Grandpa said.  

So we settled in to wait.
And then we waited some more.
Man.  Nothing is happening.  *yawn*  And it's waaaaaay past bedtime...

"Hey!"  Spunky exclaimed.  "Do you hear that?  Somebody's coming!"

You're right!  Someone's approaching!  

"It must be the dognapper," Grandpa said gravely.  "Who else would be out here this late?"

O-oh b-boy.  We're going to come face to face with the dognapper.  That dastardly, evil, rotten...

....Huh???
 
"I see you have met my demands," the dognapper said.  "Well done.  Here is the hostage.  You will find he's unharmed."

"Farewell," said the dognapper, as he left with the ransom.  
 


DROOPY!  Are you okay?  

"Hurry, let's untie him, lads," Grandpa urged.


"Whew!" Droopy gasped.  "I wasn't sure I'd see you guys again."

Droopy looks a little shaken up, but otherwise he seems okay.  

"Are you all right, laddie?" Grandpa pressed.

"I think so," Droopy replied.  "Did you guys get a look at the villain?  I was blindfolded the whole time."

We saw him, all right.  At first I thought it was Ajdin, but then I saw he was wearing a mask.  I should have known, because Ajdin is our friend and would never, never, NEVER dognap Droopy.  That's just a ridiculous thought.


"Here, Droop," Spunky offered.  "I brought your hat."

Ah, yes.  That's what we needed for things to get back to normal. 
"All's well that ends well," Grandpa said.  "Now let's go home and rest."

Yeah.  That's a *yawn* great idea.  I'm so glad everything turned out okay.  Although I can't help but wonder...have we seen the last of this dastardly villain?...
 

12 comments:

  1. We spot a mask! Who was under that mask?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to sue for 1,000,000 bottles of honey. Someone is obviously using my good name and reputation with nefarious intentions. I would NEVER do ANYTHING like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention your likeness. I agree...Someone must be trying to turn us against each other.

      Delete
    2. So clearly not Ajdin, who is the nicest bear, but a desperate bear who obviously really is in need of honey. It is true that little bears do get a bit crazy if there is not a regular supply of honey.

      Delete
    3. IT WASN'T ME THIS TIME. I SWEAR ON MY LAST JAR OF HONEY.

      Delete
    4. Jerry and Ben...I wonder where desperate little bears can go in times of honey shortage? I know there are soup kitchens for people...are there honey kitchens for bears?...

      Delete
  3. Where's Sherlock Sandy? Me thinks a bear is behind this dog napping. Lucky for you Spunky could get his paws on a large quantity of honey in a short period of time. Glad you are home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the joke prizes!!! Ben was going to take a photo, so he left the room to get the camera and came back, only the chocolate bar wrappers were left on the coffee table...one of the seKretaries and Jerry had chocolate around there mouths and beary guilty looks! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome...but did Ben get any of the chocolate?? I feel bad for him if he didn't!

      Delete
    2. Jerry saved a square for him, so Ben was happy. We currently have a little Bear house guest, so Ben will make some cookies to share (cookies are always a beary good idea).

      Delete
  5. Hey, how did I miss this post?? I'm soooo glad that you're OK Droopy! At first... I thought that was going to be Ajdin as well... but that would have been impossible (unless of course, he was eaten out of home and honey by his visiting tourists)... But even then... I don't think he would stoop to such nefarious lengths. I'm going to hazard a guess that this is a bear without a home... someone who doesn't have a sekrebeary to cater to his every whim. Bears who have to scrounge on their own do get desperate you know...

    ReplyDelete