Friday, January 22, 2016

Old McStuffie had a farm, E-I-E-I-O

Guys!  Guys, come here, quick!!

"What?  What's wrong?" 

Guess what!!

"What?"
 

Grandpa Angus bought the farm!!
 "Oh, no!" Spunky gasped.  "I'm so sorry!  That's horrible!"

...What?  No, it's not!  It's great!

Patch looked horrified.  "What?  How can you say that?  He's your Grandpa!"

Er...Yes, he is.  He is indeed.  And it's a beautiful farm.

Patch looked confused.  "Wait.  Are we talking about the same thing?"

Well, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  But I'm talking about the 50-acre farm Grandpa just bought with his lottery winnings. 

"OOOOOOH!" Spunky said, realization dawning.  "You mean...he LITERALLY bought an ACTUAL farm.  With chickens and cows and everything?"

Yeah!  ...Why, what did you guys think I meant?

"Well, when you say 'someone bought the farm,' it can also mean they died," Patch explained.


Oh.  OOOOOOH!  No, no, no.  Grandpa's perfectly fine.  He just left to sign some papers to close the deal.

"Whew!  That's a relief," Spunky said.  

Whew indeed!  Glad we cleared up that misunderstanding.  See you guys next time!

5 comments:

  1. Be sure to congratulate Grandpa for buying the farm for me. Did he buy some overalls, a tractor, and a pitch fork for the farm? If there are any unwanted chickens on the farm feel free to let me know and I will come out there to take care of the "problem".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben says it sure would be nice to have fresh eggs to do baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, Ben is quite the baker, isn't he? Any new recipes lately?...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... a farm! If you need any help with gardening... give me a call!

    ReplyDelete