Sunday, April 24, 2022

Easter update, and tiptoeing through the not-tulips

 Hey, what's up, dogs?  Last weekend was Easter, and our pal Sandy Bear sent us a card to remind us of the occasion.  Look at this adorable little fawn on the front cover.  

You know, I haven't watched the Bambi movie in a long, long time.  I have the urge to watch it now.  A Meat Lover's pizza does sound like a good alternative to chocolate...I'll get my human on that right away.  Thanks, Sandy!

On the same weekend, my human and I took a field trip to track down the Texas state flower, the bluebonnet.  Sometimes you can see a few here or there along the side of the highway, but if you're willing to take a longer drive, you can find places like this...

Wow.  I mean....just WOW.  It's like a wall-to-wall carpet of flowers!



A dog could get lost in a field like this.


The blue flowers are, obviously, the bluebonnets.  There are red Indian paintbrushes as well.  Occasionally you'll see a soft pink flower mixed in...those are the Texas primroses, and they're much more common.  There are a couple of primroses at the bottom left of the photo below...

Oh, hey, look at this.  This bluebonnet's a little different.  It's...well...not blue!  It's an albino bluebonnet.  This happens sometimes, when a mutant gene stops producing color.    
"And apparently another mutation can also make them pink!" someone sang out, right behind me. 

Really?  Wow, I didn't know that.  Good information, thanks!  

--Who said that, anyway?....

...It's Ajdin.  Of course it's Ajdin.  I really shouldn't be surprised anymore...he seems to show up wherever we go.

Anyway, hope you guys had a great Easter holiday and enjoyed my bluebonnet adventure.  Until next time, remember...wag to the right!

  

3 comments:

  1. Great adventure Droopy! I looked up Blue Bonnets and... we have them here too. We just call them Lupins... so they have a canine name which is kind of cool. Bit of canine trivia for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lupins...Lupines...Canis lupus....indeed!

    ReplyDelete