Monday, May 3, 2021

Mail call!...and Part I of Dog in the Desert

 Hey, what's up, dogs?  Got some mail from Sandy earlier this month!  



Hmm...that second card looks kinda familiar...it looks like one of the Easter cards I made back in 2020, during the Great Quarantine!  Nice blast from the past, Sandy!


Now, shortly after I got this mail, my human told me to pack for our first major trip since the pandemic began.  That meant a drive to the airport, and a ride through the x-ray machine (I haven't had to do that for a while!).  And a few hours later, we touched down in....

...Arizona.  Wow, it's dry here.  Gotta drink more water.  Fortunately, it's not as hot here as it is in midsummer.  



One of our first stops was Jerome, which used to be a  mining town in Arizona.  You can still see the equipment that's been left behind.  




A gold mine?  I'm there!


Minecart ride, anybody?...


The mineshaft below is called the Audrey Shaft, and is over 1900 feet deep.  According to the sign, that's taller than both the Empire State Building and the Eiffel Tower.  Whew!  Whatever you do, don't look down...


My human's feet.  Watch that first step....it's a doozy.


When the sun started to go down, we headed for our hotel in Sedona, Arizona.  I was ready for a long refreshing drink of water, a steak dinner, and a good night's sleep--  

Huh?  What's this?

Oh.  Er...hmmmm.  (Pssst....You sneaked me up in your backpack, right?  Do you think they saw me?  ...No?  Ok.  I won't tell if you don't.)

Anyway...I'm off to get that steak dinner and get rested up for tomorrow.  More to come soon....see you later!

6 comments:

  1. Nice trip Droopy! And steak as well... you are a lucky dog! Did the rest of the pack not travel with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a silly rule about no pets on bed. Are you going to dine on a bacon wrapped filet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you find any jars of honey in that mine...we call dibs....hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's the "gold" they're looking for? Golden honey?...

      Delete