Thursday, May 13, 2021

Dog in the Desert, Part 2...

Hey, what's up, dogs?  Last time I posted, I was telling you about my trip to Arizona.  

If you've been following my pal Ajdin's blog, you might have seen that he took a very similar trip.  In fact, we bumped into each other at the Grand Canyon.  Small world, isn't it?...

Here we are at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.  It's grand, all right!  I can't help wondering what the first explorers of this area must have thought when they found this landscape.  




After spending several hours here, we headed for Williams, AZ.  This involved driving on the famous Route 66.  Ever heard the song that goes, "Get your kicks on Route 66"?  Yup, that's the one.

It's impossible to forget where you are in this town, because road signs abound....



There were a lot of cute stores and souvenir shops in town.  One of the stores was selling dog-themed stuff.  The proprietor of this store told us that she routinely fosters 6 or 7 rescue dogs AT A TIME, and a portion of her shop's proceeds goes to the local dog shelters.  Now that's a cause I can get behind!



Another store...



Unfortunately they didn't have my name.  Bummer.



...Hey, look at this sign:


Wow.  Er....That's a really strong declaration of love.  I'm not sure whether I'll ever be ready to make that kind of statement!

Later that evening, we stopped at this place to pick up dinner.  It's called The Little Chicken Spot.  Everything they serve contains--you guessed it--chicken.  Something tells me Little Fox would have enjoyed it.

In keeping with the nostalgic feel of this town, there were a bunch of classic cars parked along the main street.  

Look at this one--I think it's a Ford Fairlane.  I love this color; it really sets off my fur!  Take a picture for me, will you?

Nice.  Okay, take one more, just in case the first one was blurry.

--Wait, what?  Hey!  I've been photobombed by a bear!  Ajdin, we've got to stop meeting like this.  People will start to talk...  

Hope you enjoyed Part 2 of Dog in the Desert.  Onward to our next destination...

4 comments:

  1. Cool! We've heard of Route 66 up here... and we got your postcard too. Funny that u and Ajdin keep having the same itinerary. What do they say? Once is happenstance... twice is coincidence and three times is a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun trip, and a photo with Adjin! So lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. Did they have my name on a badge at that shop? Any luck on a post about the chicken shop? Asking for a friend....oh who am I kidding its for me.

    ReplyDelete