Monday, January 15, 2018

In search of Wiener Schnitzel.

Hey, what's up, dogs?  Hope your New Year is starting off right!  I apologize for the slowdown in posts...my secretary caught a cold and couldn't prep my blog for me.  Grumble, grumble...that's going to reflect poorly on the year-end evaluation.  

Anyway...let's move on with my tour of Europe, shall we?  After leaving Budapest, we made our next stop in VIENNA.
 Here's the view from our hotel room...







What's important about Vienna?  Well, it's the home of the famous "Wiener Schnitzel"!  That essentially translates to "giant piece of meat," so, of course, I *HAVE* to sample it while I'm here.

(My human wants to remind us that Vienna was also once the musical and cultural capital of the world.  Yeah, yeah, okay.  But that's a relatively minor detail, compared to the Wiener Schnitzel.) 

My human insisted I slow down and take some pictures of irrelevant stuff (sigh), like Schoenbrunn Palace...
 
 


...an antique bookstore....
 
 


...the famous Sachertorte--it's a chocolate cake with apricot jam...

...a confectionery shop where they made some really cute treats...



 ...the Spanish Riding School of Vienna, Austria, where you can see the famous white Lippizaner horses perform...


 

...and a display of teddy bears.  

Hey, there's a hit-and-run in progress!  Clearly that bear never attended Ooogie's SlowPoke School of Driving. 
Anybody get the license plate number on that car?....

AH!  AHA!  Here's a cafe.  Hello, sir?...Um, I mean, "Guten Tag."  Do you serve Wiener Schnitzel?  
Oooohh....you do!  Wow...that is gorgeous.  Come to me, you beautiful slab of meat.

Okay, I'd better end this entry now, because I'm going to be here for a little while, enjoying my "taste" of Vienna.  Heh heh... 

See you next time!

4 comments:

  1. Vienna looks awesome! Confections, bears driving, and big slabs of meat fried seems like my kind of place. Oh yeah, I guess there is some culture there too. Great post. Don't be too hard on your secrebearies evaluation if they were sick - ****this must be the "new" little fox responding (you know the one who found himself).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vienna was great! Hmmmm...I suppose I can be generous with my secretary for once. You're a nice guy, LF.

      Delete
  2. That bear is a terrible driver.

    Did they have any salmon over there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see any, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there...

      Delete