Monday, August 8, 2016

A dried-up beach, part 2

Hey, what's up, dogs?  We're back and continuing our stroll down this man-made beach.  


As I said last time, the water level in the reservoir is lower than it's ever been, so we're walking on sand that normally wouldn't be exposed.  



And we're finding some interesting stuff.  For example...


It's like a treasure hunt.  This is right up Indiana Fox's alley!



Uh-oh...did I just feel a raindrop?  The weather's been cloudy all day.  Looks like we should head back.  

We encountered a local resident shortly after we turned around...

In an effort to be generous, my human scattered the leftover bread crusts from our sandwich...and all of a sudden, a whole FLOCK of his friends descended out of the sky.



My human said it reminded her of the Alfred Hitchcock film, The Birds.  (*shudder*)  Thank goodness these were friendly fowl!  

All right everybody, that's it for now.  We'll see you again next time...

8 comments:

  1. What a great adventure. So nice of your human to share the bread with the local residents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was doggone scary though. One second there was just one seagull, and then WHOOOOOOOOOOSH there were twenty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy. When I go to do my archaeology dig there I will be sure to eat all of my sandwich and snacks so the local residents don't go crazy if I leave a crumb.

      Delete
  3. Hope you get some rain soon to fill up that big lake back up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat! Did you take back those archaeological finds? They might be from a prehistoric civilization that was flooded out when the dam was built. You could start a museum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A museum would be a great idea, especially if friends of the curator got in for free (like me)?

    ReplyDelete